Skip to main content

ARGHH!!! No I'm not a pirate.

I am stuck in a place of invisible imagination, unappearing thoughts, and silence... yes people I am having a horrible case of writer's block.

This does happen from time to time. It creeps up on you like rain in the midst of a perfect seaside vacation. You're at sea dipping your toes into the warm blue when the sky opens up, God laughs as he shoots down a bolt of thunder, and you are sequestered to the stale lonliness of your tiny tiny hotel room; you'd be lucky to get good room service at this point.

The hotel room wouldn't be as horrible if it weren't for the fact that you had so much left to do...scuba lessons with that hot hot native, dinner on the shore with the guy in 3B, a little spa time for you and your travel buddy on the ample balcony of your hotel. And this is where the analogy stops.

There is so much I want to say. I want to put into words that letter I have yet to write to my estranged father...hmm estranged I never thought of it that way before. I want to postulate all the good things that I see beyond these next two months. I want to tell you how He asked if I'm in love with him.

~~~
Am I in love with you?

Why in the hell would you ask me that question? Were you thinking about it, did I save you from an oncoming bus, did I ask to have your children? I don't remember any of those things so where did that come from?

I must admit I am quite fond of you. The way you smell, the way I never worry about all of those self conscious parts of myself, the way you hold me from behind and I feel your body match the curves of mine...but I'm not in love with you.
~~

I want to tell you all about that but I can't find the words. Can't find the phrase to convey all the meaning it should contain...

Hmm...maybe that poem from before. Check the next post.

**fiRefLY**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The United Nations...Here and Now

"I am the first to admit I have dated all around the world, as a matter of fact a former friend and I would call ourselves the UN (United Nations). As a young black woman I had the all too common experience of growing up in a predominantly white southern town, on the daily seeing racism in ways that some may never know, I also had the benefit of a very diverse family who would break the mold just as well as hold it in place..." In continuation from the previous post on this issue, yes, I have dated outside of my race with frequency. It still amazes me how a visual characteristic can have such an unwavering hold on the minds and lives of people that it remains one of the most predominant issues of hot debate. The discussion of race is necessary to rid us of those misconceptions we may have about others at the same time I think in some ways the constant discussion of race just serves to continually draw attention to the subtle insignificant differences between people, its a ver...

In this corner the job, in that corner the work

I am currently half way finished with the entry about interracial dating but I'm in one of those moods where I have to switch gears and rant. I love the work that I do. I work with students in the public school system who are not necessarily on the right path to provide them the support they need to stay in school and move on to positive things in their lives, that is the short version. The long version is that I am a teacher, advocate, advisor, counselor...all those things kids need from everyone in the school that because of sheer size can not be provided to every kid. I love that. I love interacting with my kids, listening to them talk, having them call me at all hours for ridiculous nonsensical stuff which really translates to them wanting me to care and knowing that I care so much that those calls are OK. In the words of my coworker and friend I love the work that I do but I hate my job. I hate that I have an non supportive management team who I feel only backs me to get the d...

Restoration, the perfect gift.

So I am about to turn 25 and everyone keeps asking what I want to do, my response of course being I want to party and I guess on some level that is always a good answer from my perspective but lately I have been thinking about so many things; how I feel about my life right now, and what is it I really want? What do I really want for my 25th birthday? A return to optimism, that intrinsic idea that no matter what, things are going to be ok. I love the optimism I have carried with me through this life and it seems to have been ravaged here lately but I miss it fiercely. When I lose it there is this replacement of anxiety that keeps me frozen, and afraid, and worried. I want my optimism, so I will have to take it. I want contentment, the feeling you have after a good day right when you fall asleep in that comfortable position knowing that tomorrow is going to be an even better day, and you fall asleep with a sigh and a smile. I want to remember to reflect on the love in my life, coming fro...