Skip to main content

Be The Girl

Pain is temporary, pride is forever...

I have become that girl. The one you see all distraught at the gas station because she just left her boyfriend's house and he lives a few hours away. That girl, by the way, is a bit ridiculous because even though she's crying and pumping gas and listening to Wild Horses on her IPod, the boyfriend is on speaker phone talking to her the entire time...speaker phone because she drives like a mad woman when she's holding her phone and the steering wheel and clicking away at the IPod.

Now rereading that, no I haven't become that girl entirely. In actuality the only piece of that I can claim is the Ipod, bad driving and speaker phone thing...no crying at the gas station, I'm a soldier.

Pain is temporary, pride is forever...

I will claim that as well. That's what his t-shirt says, the one that I like from the Coast Guard Academy, the one that I tried to take but he wouldn't let me...the one that he stuck in my suitcase when I wasn't looking that I found when I got home, the one that I have on right now.

But I've never been here before. I've never been all sentimental because I don't like that emotional stuff. I've never smelled a shirt a thousand times. I've never seen hate transform into tolerance transform into acceptance transform into friendship transform into love.

And I love him.

**fiREFly**

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love you too sweetheart...!
Firefly said…
Everyone is sickening at some point in a relationship...the rest of the world eventually gets over it : )

Popular posts from this blog

The United Nations...Here and Now

"I am the first to admit I have dated all around the world, as a matter of fact a former friend and I would call ourselves the UN (United Nations). As a young black woman I had the all too common experience of growing up in a predominantly white southern town, on the daily seeing racism in ways that some may never know, I also had the benefit of a very diverse family who would break the mold just as well as hold it in place..." In continuation from the previous post on this issue, yes, I have dated outside of my race with frequency. It still amazes me how a visual characteristic can have such an unwavering hold on the minds and lives of people that it remains one of the most predominant issues of hot debate. The discussion of race is necessary to rid us of those misconceptions we may have about others at the same time I think in some ways the constant discussion of race just serves to continually draw attention to the subtle insignificant differences between people, its a ver...

In this corner the job, in that corner the work

I am currently half way finished with the entry about interracial dating but I'm in one of those moods where I have to switch gears and rant. I love the work that I do. I work with students in the public school system who are not necessarily on the right path to provide them the support they need to stay in school and move on to positive things in their lives, that is the short version. The long version is that I am a teacher, advocate, advisor, counselor...all those things kids need from everyone in the school that because of sheer size can not be provided to every kid. I love that. I love interacting with my kids, listening to them talk, having them call me at all hours for ridiculous nonsensical stuff which really translates to them wanting me to care and knowing that I care so much that those calls are OK. In the words of my coworker and friend I love the work that I do but I hate my job. I hate that I have an non supportive management team who I feel only backs me to get the d...

Ticket for One Please...

Tonight I am going to see a movie alone, I will ignore the implications of such, and continue on. I have never in my life gone to a movie theater alone. As an adolescent I was convinced I had Social Anxiety Disorder, disorders were a big thing then and now with everyone self diagnosing themselves; I actually learned the other day while riding the metro that I have Cyberchondria ...I like to use google to determine whether my symptoms, actual or alleged are in anyway related to an illness (which they typically are, because anything these days is a symptom)..cure for Cyberchondira ...stay the hell off Google. So this solo movie going that I am about to embark on, I think there is something changing in me, I would like to hope so anyway. There's all these things that I have wanted to do my entire life that I have backed away from doing because of what? Time, money, lack of company...but really no those reasons are not good enough so I'm off to a movie. Deciding between overly comm...