Skip to main content

I bid you farewell...

Why do men feel the need to lie? Why do they feel the need to do this even when you are no longer in the midst of an all out emotional and ethical war with the feelings you have for each other and the feelings you aren't supposed to acknowledge as existing?

Simply stated for all to read, never ever, EVER EVER, EVER EVER EVER get into a relationship with someone you work with, but I digress.

Is it some instinctual or biological function, some chemical release that creates a constancy of the need for you to tell me something that is so far from the truth that if we were in the same room we both would be thinking "wow that's a liar" with an accompanying expression plastered on our faces.

I ask this because of the "departure". So the certain someone whom shall remain anonymous, whom should have remained a coworker sees me in the hall, this is followed by brief, work related small talk as I'd hope to keep it as such and then the departure

Example 1:
Me: Ok see you later.
Anonymous:Ok, I'll call you
Me (Thinking to myself): Have we come to this, the unnecessary lie...again

He never called when he said he would, when it mattered, when I wanted to hear him on the other end of my phone. Now that it doesn't matter he still would not call and that is with no relevance or consequence because I don't long to hear his voice on the other end of my phone.

I ponder, does it make the male feel better, more well adjusted, a minute margin more content that he leaves with the false impression that our communication is still something that I need, desire, and or want to complement the happiness of my day? Yes I like that we can still look each other in the face, it does make for a smoother work environment but really are all the dramatics necessary.

Example 2:
Ending a phone call, solely related to the status of a common student
Me: Ok Bye.
Anonymous: Alright, I'll see you around the building.
Me (Thinking to myself): I'm sensing a pattern

You won't see me around, as a matter of fact you rarely ever see me around. And when you do it amazingly always turns into a "why I hate my job" fest or an "if I see you around other people I must act as if I am completely unaffected by your existence" fest. I don't do festivals, especially not in your honor.

What a girl needs is a little blatant honesty. No beating around the busy, I'm not a bird in the hand or otherwise. I need a man to accept that what is done is definitely that. I want the maturity of an adult interaction, I want you to forget who we were and what you thought and just live in what is right now. Let us depart on honesty for once, where you're not saying what you think I want to hear because no one knows the wishes of my mind; yet I wish you happiness, I wish you great success, but most of all I wish you knew how to say goodbye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abstinence is good right?

Have you ever had to live pay check to pay check? I am and I don't even have a job...yah its that bad. So today marked the first day of my official on campus, paid job. Seeing as how I'm a senior I probably should have picked up this little past time, I dunno, 3 years ago. But here I am, student caller to the unprepared masses. Was I part of the unprepared masses. Was I unaware of the significant scholarship money they had set aside for me? Yea probably. Tomorrow marks the first of 40 days of Lent(spelling?). I've decided to forego sweets including soda, candy, icecream...unnecessary sugars pretty much. I've also decided to fast from being mean...ha I wonder how long that will last. And finally, I will abstain from any physical contact with the opposite sex... I actually threw this one in with the assumption that I won't have the opportunity or desire to physically interact with the opposite sex for quite some time anyway, thus adding this to my list is merely a met

You asked for it

You asked for it. You asked to put a face with the name which had been shrouded in a complex and complicated past. You asked and you got what you wanted when you know you should have left it where it was in the first place. Why is it that you can get past the fact that BFEBF is just that, you can be in the same room hanging pictures and sipping Bacardi and not feel a second of insecurity or hesitation? But you look at a picture from the past, his past and instantly you are taken to a place where you are no longer number one and you are just the one he ended up with when the rest didn’t seem to work out. But then that is life. It’s a series of tests and trials which might not come to the conclusion on end result which you hope. Hell you don’t even know where 10 years will lead you… matching chocolate labs and Volvos, or perhaps daily prayer as you wake up in a convent and go about your holy orders…yes that’s an exaggeration. Maybe being in the room with you best friend and her e

Be The Girl

Pain is temporary, pride is forever... I have become that girl. The one you see all distraught at the gas station because she just left her boyfriend's house and he lives a few hours away. That girl, by the way, is a bit ridiculous because even though she's crying and pumping gas and listening to Wild Horses on her IPod, the boyfriend is on speaker phone talking to her the entire time...speaker phone because she drives like a mad woman when she's holding her phone and the steering wheel and clicking away at the IPod. Now rereading that, no I haven't become that girl entirely. In actuality the only piece of that I can claim is the Ipod, bad driving and speaker phone thing...no crying at the gas station, I'm a soldier . Pain is temporary, pride is forever... I will claim that as well. That's what his t-shirt says, the one that I like from the Coast Guard Academy, the one that I tried to take but he wouldn't let me...the one that he stuck in my suitcase