Skip to main content

I Need Your Warm

I'm on a break... a break from BFEBF.

I haven't done this writing thing in quite sometime and yet something is stirring inside of me once again and it becomes so very necessary.

This hiatus if you will initiated itself after months and months of thought and pondering. My life as a Premature Metro Goddess was described in great length in the initial entry on this space and somehow I've managed to evolve on that path while at the same time adjusting to a life I never expected.

I fell hard and fast for someone I never expected. I loved and love him, and yet that was not enough. Not enough because I had not expected to be in that place at this time. I come from a place where I was ready to live for me, do for me, and bask in the selfish joy of being 22. I come from that place yet have been living for a while in a completely different location, one of compromise, commitment, and the duality of a two sided coin. Don't get me wrong, this is not to say that I did not adore my relationship. This is to say that to be in a relationship and know that you sidestepped that selfish point in your life is difficult, and can lead to tremendous regret.

What is it that I wanted? You mean with the exception of my cake and eating it too?

I wanted to love and belong to someone. But I also knew I wanted to love myself, belonging to myself. I wanted to meet new people, dance like crazy, stay out late walking the city, and talking about nothing and everything all at the same time.

And so this is where I am, not coming from a place of but existing in a place of....
I exist in a place of separation from my love and partner, in anticipation of the life that I need to lead in order to return to those things I had no idea I always wanted. I exist in a place where all I want to do is talk to and be talked to by the person I know I can never really have, yet at the same time knowing the person that I know I will have forever.

Longing is a difficult thing. Longing to be happy with what you have but longing to be happy with what you don't. Longing to live the life you want while compromising to live the life you have. Longing to kiss and be kissed, to love and be loved, to stand alone and yet together all at the same time.

I miss you and I want you, I want you and I miss you... and that means things are just not the same, things can't just be the same.

**FiREfly**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abstinence is good right?

Have you ever had to live pay check to pay check? I am and I don't even have a job...yah its that bad. So today marked the first day of my official on campus, paid job. Seeing as how I'm a senior I probably should have picked up this little past time, I dunno, 3 years ago. But here I am, student caller to the unprepared masses. Was I part of the unprepared masses. Was I unaware of the significant scholarship money they had set aside for me? Yea probably. Tomorrow marks the first of 40 days of Lent(spelling?). I've decided to forego sweets including soda, candy, icecream...unnecessary sugars pretty much. I've also decided to fast from being mean...ha I wonder how long that will last. And finally, I will abstain from any physical contact with the opposite sex... I actually threw this one in with the assumption that I won't have the opportunity or desire to physically interact with the opposite sex for quite some time anyway, thus adding this to my list is merely a met

You asked for it

You asked for it. You asked to put a face with the name which had been shrouded in a complex and complicated past. You asked and you got what you wanted when you know you should have left it where it was in the first place. Why is it that you can get past the fact that BFEBF is just that, you can be in the same room hanging pictures and sipping Bacardi and not feel a second of insecurity or hesitation? But you look at a picture from the past, his past and instantly you are taken to a place where you are no longer number one and you are just the one he ended up with when the rest didn’t seem to work out. But then that is life. It’s a series of tests and trials which might not come to the conclusion on end result which you hope. Hell you don’t even know where 10 years will lead you… matching chocolate labs and Volvos, or perhaps daily prayer as you wake up in a convent and go about your holy orders…yes that’s an exaggeration. Maybe being in the room with you best friend and her e

Be The Girl

Pain is temporary, pride is forever... I have become that girl. The one you see all distraught at the gas station because she just left her boyfriend's house and he lives a few hours away. That girl, by the way, is a bit ridiculous because even though she's crying and pumping gas and listening to Wild Horses on her IPod, the boyfriend is on speaker phone talking to her the entire time...speaker phone because she drives like a mad woman when she's holding her phone and the steering wheel and clicking away at the IPod. Now rereading that, no I haven't become that girl entirely. In actuality the only piece of that I can claim is the Ipod, bad driving and speaker phone thing...no crying at the gas station, I'm a soldier . Pain is temporary, pride is forever... I will claim that as well. That's what his t-shirt says, the one that I like from the Coast Guard Academy, the one that I tried to take but he wouldn't let me...the one that he stuck in my suitcase