Skip to main content

The Water is Rising in the Valley

Why is it that people who are stuck on past relationships try their damnedest to convince the rest of us that they are over it? The rest of us really don't matter in the grand scheme of the vast denial that you live in so WHY ON EARTH try to make us believe? What you are really trying to do is make yourself believe instead of facing the truth and moving on.

"That shit reminds me why we aren't together"

"I don't care about {INSERT NAME HERE} anymore, I just really hate them"

"{INSERT NAME HERE} needed my help"

" {INSERT NAME HERE} shat (I like that word) on my already broken heart, lit it on fire and then sprinkled the ashes in a landfill... but I can't just go away. What if they need me?"...So you didn't say that exactly, but it creatively conveys the gist.

And you honestly expect me to look at this as "over it". Oh no you are very much into it my friend. You are stuck in the boggy ground of it all, letting it eat away at you, envelop you, and isolate you from everything else which you would otherwise be able to attain. You know when you "can't find what you're looking for" and "they are too shallow for you" and my favorite, "you're not into commitment at the moment, just friends with benefits" and yet you aren't getting the "friends" or the "benefits"...that is you being very much in it; Covered from head to toe, top to bottom, wrapped all around, in the very midst, wound up tight, knee deep, ALL UP IN THAT SHIT and it is not getting you anywhere but where you were yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before...but you get the idea I assume.

You can stop trying, I'm not convinced really none of us are. I mean we tried to tell you but like I said you're up to your ears and Honey when its up that high we don't really expect you to hear us at all.

What's the name of that river my little Cleopatra? Oh that's right, you can't hear me at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The United Nations...Here and Now

"I am the first to admit I have dated all around the world, as a matter of fact a former friend and I would call ourselves the UN (United Nations). As a young black woman I had the all too common experience of growing up in a predominantly white southern town, on the daily seeing racism in ways that some may never know, I also had the benefit of a very diverse family who would break the mold just as well as hold it in place..." In continuation from the previous post on this issue, yes, I have dated outside of my race with frequency. It still amazes me how a visual characteristic can have such an unwavering hold on the minds and lives of people that it remains one of the most predominant issues of hot debate. The discussion of race is necessary to rid us of those misconceptions we may have about others at the same time I think in some ways the constant discussion of race just serves to continually draw attention to the subtle insignificant differences between people, its a ver...

In this corner the job, in that corner the work

I am currently half way finished with the entry about interracial dating but I'm in one of those moods where I have to switch gears and rant. I love the work that I do. I work with students in the public school system who are not necessarily on the right path to provide them the support they need to stay in school and move on to positive things in their lives, that is the short version. The long version is that I am a teacher, advocate, advisor, counselor...all those things kids need from everyone in the school that because of sheer size can not be provided to every kid. I love that. I love interacting with my kids, listening to them talk, having them call me at all hours for ridiculous nonsensical stuff which really translates to them wanting me to care and knowing that I care so much that those calls are OK. In the words of my coworker and friend I love the work that I do but I hate my job. I hate that I have an non supportive management team who I feel only backs me to get the d...

Ticket for One Please...

Tonight I am going to see a movie alone, I will ignore the implications of such, and continue on. I have never in my life gone to a movie theater alone. As an adolescent I was convinced I had Social Anxiety Disorder, disorders were a big thing then and now with everyone self diagnosing themselves; I actually learned the other day while riding the metro that I have Cyberchondria ...I like to use google to determine whether my symptoms, actual or alleged are in anyway related to an illness (which they typically are, because anything these days is a symptom)..cure for Cyberchondira ...stay the hell off Google. So this solo movie going that I am about to embark on, I think there is something changing in me, I would like to hope so anyway. There's all these things that I have wanted to do my entire life that I have backed away from doing because of what? Time, money, lack of company...but really no those reasons are not good enough so I'm off to a movie. Deciding between overly comm...